- Put the flour, eggs, milk, 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter. Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away. Add just a teaspoon of olive oil to prevent any sticking.
- Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in the oven at a low heat as you go.
- Serve with lemon wedges and sugar, or your favourite filling.Once cold, you can layer the pancakes between baking parchment, then wrap in cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.
- For the carmelised bananas, sprinkle the sugar into a heavy based non-stick pan and melt the sugar (50 grams) over a moderate heat. Once the sugar has turn to a mid-golden brown, stir in the butter.
- Add the bananas and toss to coat in the caramel. Cook for 1-2 minutes until slightly golden and just tender. Add a splash of dark jamaican rum and enjoy the feast! For a real treat, add some vanilla ice cream.