A Spring Perfect Roulade from Simon Rimmer
When it comes to UK chefs, there aren’t many as well-loved as Simon Rimmer and in the arena of household appliances brands as recognisable as Hoover.
Naturally then our 14th year as the UK’s biggest and dare we say best food and drinks festival required somewhat of a bang equal in measure to Simon and Hoover. We’re therefore delighted to announce that both of these culinary icons will be joining us for Foodies Festival 2019.
With the Hoover Theatre providing state of the art cooking appliances for this year’s impressive roster of UK chefs, we’re starting the Foodies action with this summer inducing recipe from Simon.
4 egg whites
200g lemon curd
seeds from 3 passion fruit
175g whipped cream (whipped with 25g icing sugar)
1. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks, whisk in sugar tbs at a time, don’t add
more until fully combined
2. Spoon onto a greased, lined swiss roll tray. Bake at 175c for 15mins.
3. Turn out onto a piece of greaseproof, dusted with icing sugar. Cool completely.
4. Mix the curd and passion together, spread onto the meringue, then the cream, and fruit.
5. Roll up, dust with more icing sugar and serve