Summer dining with Simon Rimmer & Hoover
A taste of the Mediterranean
With summer gently arriving on UK shores, our thoughts are quickly turning to al fresco dining and the easiest ways to impress dinner guests.
Rich in full-bodied flavours such as sun-blushed tomatoes and smoky chorizo, this dish packs a taste of the Mediterranean. And if you’re looking to boost your wellbeing and culinary skills with a range of new and impressive recipes you’ve come to the right place.
As celebrity chef; Simon Rimmer teams up with Hoover at Foodies Festival in Birmingham on Saturday 22nd June, this mouth-watering, med-style casserole is our dish of the month, to help you cook the way you live.
CHICKEN CHORIZO CASSEROLE
Quick, easy, delicious. Cook the way you live with Simon’s sensational Chicken and Chorizo Casserole.
Ingredients (serves 4)
450g chicken thighs, skin on but deboned
1 onion, sliced
clove crushed garlic
200g chopped chorizo
glug dry sherry
450g tinned, rinsed butterbeans
tbs chopped parsley
tin chopped toms
200ml chicken stock
1. In a deep, heavy bottomed pan, fry the thighs and then remove from the pan.
2. Fry the chorizo for 2 minutes and then add sherry.
3. In the same pan add diced onion and garlic, before adding the tomatoes.
4. Now add the chicken, peas, beans and stock. Mix well and don’t forget to season.
5. Bake, covered at 180c for approx. 45mins and finish with chopped parsley. Best served with crusty bread.
Join Simon Rimmer in the Hoover Chefs Theatre at Foodies Festival in Birmingham.